Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Boom-Boom" and the "Big Red Balls"

"Boom-Boom" and "The Big Red Balls" are the names Will (he's 3) calls his FAVORITE t.v. shows, American Gladiators and Wipeout. Thank heavens for the DVR! I have an episode of each saved for moments when Will hasn't had a nap and is standing in the middle of the living room in his Go Diego Go underwear screaming " I wanna watch Big Red Balls". Big Red Balls and Boom-Boom are my saviours from this toddlers meltdowns!
Seriously though, should these shows be his favorite? He giggles with delight each time a Gladiator knocks down some poor person trying to get from one end of the arena to the other. He plays Gladiator in the toy room, making obstacle courses out of the toys and pillows. I'll hear him yell "Gladiator Ready?" and then he flings himself off the sofa and onto the pile of pillows on the floor.
While watching "The Big Red Balls" he did comment that " they need helmets on" when attempting to jump across the big red balls. So maybe there is hope for him!
There's nothing like waking up in the morning to my son's beautiful face next to the side of the bed saying "I watch Big Red Balls now". What ever happened to Little Einsteins or Dora? I guess that is so 2 !

No comments: