Thursday, August 14, 2008

Missing the boys...

All summer long I've been saying "I can't wait for school to start" because my kids are driving me nuts!! I'm sure I'm not the only parent saying it......
Anyway, Ben and Ryan flew to Minnesota to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa McConnell. I thought it would be so nice in the house, I would just have Will and Ava to keep company, there wouldn't be any fighting over the computer or TV remote and I wouldn't hear "I'm board" for the upteenth time. Well, I haven't heard any of those things.... and I miss it! It's so quiet! I miss them in the morning for breakfast. I miss them helping to empty the dishwasher and arguing over who is unloading the top rack vs the bottom rack. I miss the garage door slamming as they go in and out to play. I miss cleaning up the trail of water they leave when they come in from swimming, I miss the smell of the popcorn they make for the afternoon movie and I miss tucking them in at night. I can't wait for them to come home. And then school starts! :)

No comments: