Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun! Uncle Ben and his friend PollyAnna drove up from Austin. Ben, Ryan and Will enjoyed giving them the grand tour of the home and showed off their Lego creations in their bedrooms. My Mom and Dad also joined us for the day. Mom brought the ham and turkey and pumpkin pie. I made all the sides. I even baked an apple pie! Ok, y'all can stop snickering, you know how much I just love cooking...The whole thing was a major event for me... as most of you know, I HATE COOKING! (The kitchen is my least favorite room in the house. ) But in the end it all turned out good. And to think...I'll be doing it again for Christmas! Can anyone say "go to Grandma's house" for next year!


Ava enjoyed her first taste of mashed potatoes! She is lactose intolerant so the milk in the mash potatoes didn't settle well for her and she spit it all back up. Poor thing!


After everyone's tummies were nice and full the kids....little and big (Steve and Ben) went in the backyard, to do of all things, jump on the trampoline! The little kids lasted much longer on it then the big kids... it was, according to one big kid, "exhausting". I'm sure it didn't help to have all that wine and beer with dinner!


After some playtime in the backyard Steve took Ben, PollyAnna and our 3 boys to play tennis. From what I understand the boys did well, even little Will caught on. Thank you PollyAnna for your patience with him! PollyAnna is the tennis pro of the group!


I stayed home with Ava and Mom and Dad. Just as Mom and Dad were loading the car to leave my brother Rob and his family unexpectedly arrived!! What a nice ending to the day. They ate the left overs and when Steve and the boys got home from playing tennis everyone had a great time eatting pie and playing the Wii.


Below are some pics from the afternoon, thanks Uncle Ben for taking them!






Grandpa and Ava in the upper picture. Yes, that's Steve with Ryan on the trampoline!








Little Ben enjoying his food.

1 comment:

Ben McConnell said...

Uncle Ben had a great time hanging out with all y'all.