Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Holidays have come and gone.....

so quick, yet so slow. I feel like the kids were home FOREVER! Yet it all seems to have gone by so fast. Such as life...



The holidays were a festive time here at the McConnell home. We made home made treats, played games and just had fun hanging out together. The kids all enjoyed their gifts from everyone. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa McConnell for sending the Twins shirts! Ava loved the Twins teddybear too.



After all the gifts were opened I would have to say the item that got the biggest reaction was the tennis racquet Will received from Uncle Ben! Will was so excited when he opened it. He wouldn't stop hugging it! I've already found some lessons for him that will start in June. Below are some pics from the fun filled Christmas time....

Steve and Ava

Ava loves her feet!


Ben, Ryan, Will and Ava

Back: Ryan, Emma, Ben Front: Remi,Nielson holding Ava,Will



My Brother Rob, his wife Amy and their kids: Emma,Nielson and Remi, all came to celebrate Christmas on the 27th. Mom and Dad joined us too. Mom made the roast and I did everything else, mom did help me out in the kitchen! It was a fun time. All the kids enjoyed playing together. Dad did his every other year slide show, which was enjoyed by all. I love seeing pictures from the past. 300 slides in all. The kids get a kick out of seeing how much hair their Dad and Grandpa had! Oh to be young (and skinny!) again! It's amazing how birthing 4 kids can change a persons body! That's a whole other blog of itself! The slide show had some great pictures of my Grandparents in their younger years. Did you all know my Great Grandfather lived in same house Thomas Edison lived in? I got to see the pictures!


I loved the pictures of my parents when they were first married. My dad looks nothing like he did then! He was so skinny! It made his nose look big! My mom has changed too, but her eyes are still the bright blue and her cheeks are still rosey.

It was nice for all of us to be together. My brother left last week for Iraq. He's on his 3rd tour. I have hung my red/white/blue ribbons outside. I do it every time he leaves. They won't come down until he comes home 15 months from now. He will be missed and will be in our prayers each night.

No comments: